GRIOT Circle seeks an experienced Development Coordinator to coordinate multiple fundraising strategies.
Development Coordinator Position – Available Immediately
GRIOT Circle was founded in Brooklyn, N.Y. in 1996 by LGBTQ elders of color in order to respond to the social and psychological fragmentation caused by ageism, racism, sexism, homophobia, and poverty in the lives of LGBTQ elders of color. GRIOT (Gay Reunion in Our Time) – meaning storyteller and keeper of oral history in West African culture – is officially recognized as a nonprofit 501(c) (3) and remains the only staffed organization in the country exclusively dedicated to serving the needs of LGBTQ elders of color. The mission is to respond to and eliminate all forms of oppression, including: ageism, racism, sexism, misogyny, transphobia, homophobia, poverty, xenophobia, and their intersections. We achieve this by providing health, wellness, advocacy, and leadership activities to remove isolation and fear, build community, as well as honor racial and ethnic traditions.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination of GRIOT Circle’s Development Plan and fundraising strategies which include: individual, foundation, and government fundraising efforts, special events, and special campaigns. The Development Coordinator works closely with The Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and the GRIOT staff team in the planning and implementation of the various strategies.
- Coordinate the creation of an annual development plan in consultation with the ED and Board Fundraising Committee
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters and work with ED to cultivate relationships with government officials and foundation staff
- Help to grow individual gifts program and coordinate appeals
- Maintain a foundation and government grant tracking system and support the Executive Director and Deputy Director in their efforts to secure grants acquisitions
- Coordinate the annual fundraising event
- Be an active ambassador for the organization
- Staff Board Fundraising Committee meetings
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems and analyze data for regular reports and updates on outcomes
- Work with communication staff to identify publications that support fundraising and program activities.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- 5 years minimum fundraising experience within an organization(s) that serves LGBTQ, and/or seniors and/or communities of color.
- Have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and writing competencies
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising with individuals
- Possess the interpersonal skills to work with and motivate staff, Board members, and volunteers
- Work well in a team atmosphere
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $62-67K per year depending upon qualifications and experience. GRIOT offers a benefits package including medical and dental, retirement contribution, 4 weeks vacation per year, and generous sick, holiday, and personal time off.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume/CV, cover letter, and a writing sample (not to exceed 5 pages)
to Executive Director, José Albino, at email@example.com . Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please write Development Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
EOE Employer: We are an equal opportunity – affirmative action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.